Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Word of G-d

Bloging on a Thursday night. Thinking about something I have thought about for a long time.

Many people use the term "divine inspiration" or "divinely inspired". I have used these terms in the past and have tried to figure out what they mean. To this day, I still do not honestly know. What does it mean when something is divinely inspired and If I know what it meant, would it be obvious if something was or wasn't the "inspired word of G-d"? Many people argue about the origins of scripture and about which ones have the credentials to even be called scripture.

The conclusion that I draw is that it doesn't really matter. Some people say G-d wrote the Torah. Some people say Moses wrote it and some people say it was written by various people over the course of hundreds of years. What matters is not who wrote it but what it says. Does it speak truth or wisdom? And if it does, is G-d not the only true and first source of all truth and wisdom? Conclusively, if anything is true or wise, it is from G-d regardless of who was holding the pen when the words were eternalized on paper. What should be kept in mind, however, is the words being tainted with the opinions and agendas of the marque. These should be easy enough to weed out by the open mind and if it is unnecessary, good for the marque.

With this liberating thought, I feel I can approach anything with HASHEM's divine spirit and be divinely inspired myself with whatever comes into or goes out of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment